Who are we?
The Glendale Tenants Union is a tenant-led movement for safe and affordable housing as a human right accessible to all.
- GTU strives to be inclusive of all people in our community and therefore we do not tolerate racism, homophobia, xenophobia, ageism, and any other form of harassment and oppression.
- Our goal is to establish rent stabilization that allows for affordable, healthy and habitable living in Glendale.
Currently, we are demanding the adoption of the Glendale Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act by the Glendale City Council.
This act is meant to protect Glendale renters by:
- Stabilizing rent increase to not exceed the previous year’s Consumer Price Index or 4%, whichever is lower.
- Establish Glendale Rental Housing Board, which will help protect renters’ rights. The Board is an integral but independent part of the city government.
- Further reinforcing tenants’ rights in Glendale, by amending current City Code to apply Just Cause Evictions Ordinance to single-family. homes/duplexes and one-year lease.